Friday, April 28, 2006

Perception...




I had earlier written a post(The Flight) using this pic on my blog
So here I am...recycling the pic for my debut post on pick-a-pic :)


Looking out of the window, I could see the wing of the plane. Large and gigantic..as though setting out to conquer the world. The buildings on the ground below seemed so meek and submissive. The cars moving with all their speed were just mere specks glinting in the sunlight, as though mirrors on the jholas hanging outside a roadside shop on Commercial Street. I was gloating.....sitting inside the plane, I was the conquerer of the world. The plane was the chariot and I was the rider.

I could see a faint pink line on the horizon...and for a second it looked as though the world was flat. Just as though the fluffy clouds just went over the edge as they approached the think pink line...and were lost in the unknown, unexplored universe....

I couldn't help but think how awed the people on the ground would be seeing the plane. They would be scared...intimidated....!!!! I had a vision of people running helter-skelter, the way they do in the Independence day, Volcano type of movies. Run u little child..run for your life.....it gave an exhilarating high to be on top of the world.

And then my vision was clouded, literally down to the y. Much as I tried, I could only see the fluffy clouds below. And not a glimpse of the life below. The sun was a flaming red....melting at its edge..dissolving into the afternoon sky. And for a moment, the wing of the plane blanked out the sun. It held the sun captive in its wide span. Look you foolish sun, you are a mere speck...!!!Oh well..the world might revolve around you....but from where I stand...you dont exist !!!! I screamed silently into the depths of the sky...

The plane was minutes away from the descent. The sun was still a molten mass....burning down on the ground which I could now see clearly. And then I saw the shadow. The shadow of the plane...so small, inconsequential, a pathetically shrivelled and horrobily blackened image. And then I saw the people under the shadow-brightly dressed children coming home from school, housewives returning home after a satisying shopping spree, teenagers seeking respite from the heat at icecream shops....!!! The shadow just passed over them and they didnt even bat an eyelid. It was a non-existent entity in their lives....!!!!

And then we descended down to the earth...the plane and my ego !!!!!

Shine onto me, you bright glowing sun
And I will glitter like the chosen one
But I know I will never be sold
For I am not the glittering gold
I am just a small grain of sand
Among thousand others in the barren land

2 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger H.S. said...

:D..you know what, this story made me smile!reading it again, I have no clue why:)

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@hems: my pleasure :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home